An ORMC student is named as one of the top 40 young scientists in the nation by Regeneron Science Talent Search
Regeneron Science Talent Search, formerly Intel Science Fair, is one of the oldest and most prestigious national science competitions for high school students. An ORMC student, August Deer, was named as one of the scholars this year. Hats off to August! The Circle is grateful to Prof. Salman Avestimehr (USC) for giving August a chance to do research in his lab.
ORMC students qualify for AIME
- Fateh Aliyev (grade 10) qualified for AIME on both AMC 10A and AMC 12B.
- William Chen (grade 10) qualified for AIME on both AMC 10A and AMC 12B.
- Jack Fasching (garde 11) qualified for AIME on AMC 12.
- Patrick Liang (grade 6) qualified for AIME on AMC 10.
- Prince (Aditya) Rohatgi (grade 8) qualified for AIME both AMC 10B and AMC 12A.
- Atticus Stewart (grade 7) qualified for AIME on AMC 10.
- Michael Salko (grade 10) qualified for AIME on both AMC 10A and AMC 12B.
- Ethan Yin (grade 7) qualified for AIME on AMC 10.
An ORMC main program student and volunteer instructor, Qiao (Tiger) Zhang, has qualified for TST, short for USA IMO team selection test. Qiao was also selected as a recipient of the Spirit of Ramanujan Fellowship in the years 2020 and 2022. The fellowship supports his studies at Canada/USA Mathcamp. Hats off to Tiger!
College admissions 2022
- Jack Mattson will be attending Caltech. He wants to major in chemistry.
- Joaquin Perkins was admitted to MIT and University of Chicago, among other schools. Joaquin wants to major in pure math.
- Saida Piri was admitted to UCLA. She plans to major in math and to continue with the Math Circle!
- Lydia Qin was admitted to Harvard.
- Yash Vora was admitted to Brown University. He plans to major in applied math.
2022: ORMC students qualify for USAMO
Hats off to William Chen who qualified for USAJMO and to Michael Zhang who qualified to USAMO!
2022: ORMC students take AMC 8
Hats off to Justin Kim, Patrick Liang, Daniel Sun, and Connor Zhao for getting the Honor Roll of Distinction (top 1% in the nation). What makes this feat even more remarkable is the fact that Patrick is in the 5th grade, Justin and Daniel are in the 4th grade, while Connor also qualified for AIME being in the 8th grade!
The following students got the Honor Roll Certificate (top 5% in the nation): Alicia Fei, Minghao Guo, Sathvik Kommireddy, Ibrahim Piri, Aidan Shin.
Coming up next: No meetings scheduled